Odd one out  

Posted by Tiffany


"I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us." - Romans 8:18


I'm feeling a little pensive tonight. It's a beautiful Saturday night and I've just spent the day lazing around at home, and I feel like going out and chilling with friends.

Unfortunately, the people that I want to hang out with are either at home with their family, or out at a bar or club. It's hard because I do want the company, but I made a commitment to God not to go to any bars or clubs, and I know that it's totally not worth it to go out with my friends there even if I don't drink, because afterwards I will feel the conviction so much.

It's so easy to justify it by saying there's nothing wrong with those places, because honestly, the Bible doesn't specifically address this, but I've made a covenant with God not to set foot in bars/clubs, so I cannot and I will not go where He has not led me to go. Some might say this is too strict, too 'superspiritual', but all I know is that I cannot do that which will affect my walk with Him by breaking our agreement.

Still, it sucks, because no one wants to be home alone on a Saturday night. It's funny, though, eh? I get to stay home with the Creator of the universe and enjoy His company, and yet in my humanness, I can only see what I want which is human company. Still, in this trial of feeling like the odd one out, I will choose to praise Him.

To praise Him for life, to praise Him for joy, to praise Him for every good and wonderful gift that comes from Him. And most of all, I praise Him for His heart, His big and beautiful heart for me that brings me so much delight.

"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." - 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

This entry was posted on Saturday, September 06, 2008 at Saturday, September 06, 2008 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment