Altitude sickness  

Posted by Tiffany in


What an intense last couple of days! I never knew that altitude sickness could be so bad...I honestly felt like I was going to die. Thank You, Lord, that You don't think that I'm a pathetic failure for having to turn back. I cling to what Willemene said that You taught us perseverance through this because I still don't understand why my body failed me at such an important time.

Thank You, Lord, for Your grace and mercy. You truly sustained Willemene and I yesterday on the descend down. I don't know how we made it, because I could barely sit up in the cabin and I was throwing up and walking into walls like a drunk, but somehow You did it. Thank You for keeping us safe and for stopping the snow. Thank You especially for the porters that looked after us on the way down and were willing to carry us if we really couldn't make it. Thank You also for the people at Chylompati who took care of us as if we were family.

Lord, there was such a deception over me last night when we climbed up to Gosaikunda. I actually believed that You were an angry God punishing me for some sin that I had committed. I see now that this deception had already been in my heart, and the pressure of this situation caused it to come to the surface.

This entry was posted on Monday, May 26, 2008 at Monday, May 26, 2008 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment