Busyness  

Posted by Tiffany

Even though it hurt so much to leave Hong Kong again on Wednesday, I am glad to be back in Singapore. These last 3 weeks have been so busy and I was trying to squeeze everything into such a short time that I wasn't able to spend the time I wanted with the Lord. The thing is, no matter how much joy I get from the things and people in life, none of it makes any sense unless I'm sharing it with Him. But, it is far too easy to get distracted and too busy to hear His voice.


I know that whilst I'm sometimes bored with the slower pace in Singapore (I thrive on excitement!) it has it's blessings. I was able to spend the whole day with God yesterday and this morning when I woke up, I was able to spend an hour and a half of unhindered quiet time with Him, and I can't believe how thirsty I was. In the last 3 weeks, I'd gotten so used to this dry and empty feeling that I didn't even realise how much I missed God. It was like drinking the cleanest ice-cold water after running in a desert in midday sun. I just couldn't get enough of Him, and I'm so thankful for the time that He's given me to seek Him. I can't wait till DTS where I can spend half a year with Him without too many distractions.

The challenge next year will be after DTS when I go back to studying. I don't ever want to be so busy that I don't have time for God. Actually, I believe that a lot of the time, it's not the fact that we don't have time, it's that we don't MAKE the time. If we really don't have enough time, then we're too busy and need to cut down on things that aren't so important. I know that I've been guilty of saying, 'Oh, I don't have enough time to meet with God today' but somehow I have time to go on Facebook or MSN. It's all about priorities. Will we guard our quiet time with God with our lives? If He really is Lord and our everything, then shouldn't we be fitting our lives around Him and not the other way round? God deserves our best. He deserves the first fruits of our day, not the last bit of energy that we have at the end of the day.

This entry was posted on Friday, December 21, 2007 at Friday, December 21, 2007 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment