Heart, please catch up  

Posted by Tiffany in

"For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also." - Matthew 6:21


I'm finding it hard to keep my eyes focused on Him right now. I want to recount and rejoice over all the blessings that He has given me this last week, but my heart is aching so much right now from missing my friends in Hong Kong. I miss the familiarity, the knowledge that I can break this silence by picking up the phone and calling someone. I don't know why I'm feeling so down when God is doing such amazing things around me, but I will sit here and wait on God.

I guess it's only natural to mourn, but I need to stop looking to the left and right, and look straight ahead at the glory of God. He says that those who put their hope in Him will never be put to shame, and even though my emotions are telling me that I'm going to hurt like this forever, I will put my trust in my Lord because I know that He is good. He is already providing and doing new things in my life to help me settle in, I just need to be patient, perservere and remain strong in Him.

Oh Lord, my treasure is seeking You and serving You, and that's why I'm in Singapore, so please let my heart and emotions catch up soon. I feel like I'm physically in Singapore but my heart is in Hong Kong...please fly it over to my new home. Please surround me with Your love...Father, let me surrender and drown in Your love, losing all of myself until there is only You everywhere I look.

Let me not turn to anyone else and depend on them to comfort me and reassure me, because I know that the only one that can do that is You, Lord. I've tried to turn to people, and activities, and things to numb out pain, but if there's anything I've learnt is that they do not satisfy for long. Only You do. So please, Lord, take my hand and bring me out of this misery. I cling to You because You are more than enough for me.

This entry was posted on Wednesday, September 05, 2007 at Wednesday, September 05, 2007 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment