Thursday Thirteen #6  

Posted by Tiffany in

Well, I've been away in Singapore this week and only just got back today...just in time for Thursday Thirteen! Woooo! What dedication!


Thirteen books that had an impact on me


1. The Bible.

2. "The Time-Traveler's Wife" by Audrey Niffenegger - This was such a beautiful but tragic love story it had me sobbing for days.

3. "A Divine Revelation Of Hell" by Mary K. Baxter - Baxter was brought to hell for 40 days and nights by Jesus, who told her to write an account of it so that more people might be saved. The descriptions of the demons and how they function sent chills down my spine, and it served its purpose because I no longer wanted to have a lukewarm faith.

4. "Heaven Is So Real" by Choo Thomas - Choo is a Korean-American woman that God showed heaven to. It's similar to the book above, but is about heaven and not hell (obviously). Choo has such a pure and strong faith that it really inspired me, especially after reading about how God has prepared such a wonderful place for us after our life on earth.

5. "A Million Little Pieces" by James Frey - this book is the account of James Frey as he went through rehab for drug and alcohol abuse. Although my alcohol addiction is nowhere near as bad as his, I could totally relate to his feelings and sense of frustration and hopelessness. This book was also featured on the Oprah Book Club!

6. "Growing Up A Drunk Girl" by Koren Zailckas - a true story of a girl who spent her teenage years abusing alcohol to deal with life. Sounds familiar...

7. "The Case For Christ" by Lee Strobel - this is a remarkable book is written by an ex-atheist journalist who went investigating the evidence for Christ, which led to him to the conclusion that Jesus really existed and is the Son of God!

8. "Can't You Sleep, Little Bear?" by Martin Waddell - it was one of my favourite books when I was a tiny tot. It's such a good kiddie's book...I would love to find another copy of it hehe.

9. "Possessing The Gates Of The Enemy" by Cindy Jacobs - an amazing book on intercessory prayer. It completely changed the way I think about praying.

10. "Authentic Beauty" by Leslie Ludy - Leslie writes and challenges her readers to live differently from the rest of the world, and to be set-apart and pure, living for God. This was the book that led me from being 'interested in Christianity' to actually becoming a Christian. No one actually led me to say the sinner's prayer...I had read about the sinner's prayer on the internet, but didn't say it till 4 months after I started going to church right after I read this book.

11. "When God Writes Your Love Story" by Eric & Leslie Ludy - this was the first book I ever read on what a godly Christian relationship should be like, and it was fascinating reading about how Eric and Leslie got together.

12. The Harry Potter Series - no matter what I'm going through, whether I'm feeling completely depressed or upset, these books never fail to distract me.

13. "If I Perish" by Esther Ahn Kim - this book is Esther's story on what happened when the Japanese took over Korea and Esther was thrown into jail for being a Christian.

Wow...looks like I read a lot of non-fiction.





Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!



This entry was posted on Thursday, September 28, 2006 at Thursday, September 28, 2006 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

7 comments

A great list! Thanks for the book suggestions! The only on I've read from your list so far is the Bible.

I hope you can find another copy of "Can't You Sleep Little Bear". Have you tried looking for it on eBay?

Have a great Thursday!!

9/28/2006 11:45 PM
Anonymous  

i just read time traveller's wife recently and i couldn't put it down. i literally stayed up all night reading it. i loved it.

great list!

9/28/2006 11:46 PM
Anonymous  

With the exception of the Bible they are all new to me.
I'll definitely explore the library for some of those titles - I love non-fiction too.
Take care,
Frances

9/29/2006 12:55 AM
Anonymous  

Great T 13 :)

9/29/2006 12:56 AM

Great book list! I have read a few of those as well and loved them. Especially the Harry Potter Series. My TT are up!

9/29/2006 1:00 AM

Most of these I haven't heard of, I need to get some Amazoning done and check them out. Thanks for some new reading suggestions.

Cindi
My TT is up and running

9/29/2006 10:46 AM

Great book list! I recently read the Time Travelers Wife and I loved it too. I think I need to re-read it someday to really get a better handle on it!

10/02/2006 9:55 PM

Post a Comment