Thursday Thirteen #5  

Posted by Tiffany in


Thirteen mini goals I have till the end of the year


1. To stay completely and utterly sober. Not even a single drop of alcohol!

2. To not buy cigarettes or smoke a single one.

3. To complete the About.com online course on Photoshop.

4. To have met and hung out with 21 different people from church. Why 21? Well, so that I can invite 21 people to my 21st birthday party in January!

5. To develop a habit of spending time with God everyday, even if it's only for 10 minutes. It's the discipline of doing it everyday no matter what that I wanna go for.

6. To pray with other people at least twice...so far in the 2 years I've been a Christian, I've been so shy and fearful that the only person I've ever prayed in front of was Abby. God, give me the confidence!

7. I want defined stomach muscles by the end of December!!! Which leads me to mini goal number 8...

8. To go at least 3 times a week to yoga class and sweat it out.

9. I would like to be serving my church with at least 2 hours of my time a week. Hopefully I'll get the Sunday school teaching thing I applied for!

10. I want to have finished 2 paintings. I haven't picked up a paintbrush in years, but I'm going to commit myself to painting at least 2 pictures before Christmas.

11. To learn to cook 3 new dishes. I thought I was a really bad cook when I was in Australia...but surprisingly, back in Hong Kong, I've realised how spoilt we kids are. Haha, I have a friend (won't mention any names here...) that didn't know you had to cook the potato first before making a potato salad. Oh, and I found my old roommate in Australia (she was from Hong Kong too) standing in the kitchen at 10pm holding a knife and an apple staring at it blankly. My ex had to cut it for her because she didn't know how to. We are spoilt rotten! And I'm not proud of it.

12. I would like to have read the whole of the New Testament again. And this time I'll read it during the day, and not last thing at night when I'm falling asleep while reading.

13. To learn how to talk to new people at church without freezing up by asking them questions about themselves instead of only talking when people ask me something.




Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!



This entry was posted on Wednesday, September 20, 2006 at Wednesday, September 20, 2006 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

16 comments

Hurray! Now I'm really first here. Quite up early huh! Great thirteen lists. Should try your #2.
My TT13 is up too now.

9/21/2006 7:08 AM

Great list. Don't worry about falling asleep while reading scripture. What better thing to be reading when you fall asleep. God bless you.
My TT will be up in just a few minutes.

9/21/2006 8:40 AM

It's a great list! I really should do a list like that one day. I need to be more motivated.

Happy TT!

9/21/2006 4:08 PM

Great list of goals! :) Just be aware, however, that for most women to have defined stomach muscles, they need to get down to an unhealthy level of bodyfat, unless they are naturally blessed with good genetics. You can have really strong ab muscles, and be at a healthy weight, but still not have defined abs. Like I said, it's just not something that's possible for many women, unless their bodyfat is so low that it's unhealthy. Sorry to rant, but as a group fitness instructor, I have so many women ask me how to get defined abs, and it's just not a healthy goal for many, unless they have the right genetics.

9/21/2006 4:42 PM
Anonymous  

huh. i'm totally going to check out that about.com course. i took photoshop in school about 100 years ago. could use a good refresher :)

9/21/2006 8:43 PM
Anonymous  

that is commendable - kudos to you! mine's up! ;)

9/21/2006 10:33 PM

A great list! Good luck on all your goals! I need set a goal for myself like your #7. I have not been exercising at all this summer... I really need to start up again.

I'm really thinking about you on your goals #1 and #2, you can do it!!

Have a good Thursday!!

9/21/2006 11:38 PM

Great Goals! you've had some funny friends! not knowing how to cut an apple or that you had to cook a potato??? LOL!

9/22/2006 1:25 AM

Sounds like you have some wonderful goals...and things are so much easier to accomplish when you have concrete goals! Just don't beat yourself up if you don't accomplish everything.

My TT is up too!

9/22/2006 1:56 AM

Great Goals! I've been learning alot about PhotoShop. Thanks for sharing the link!
Happy Thursday!

9/22/2006 2:14 AM
Anonymous  

What a great list!!
Good luck with it! :)

Happy TT ~ mine is up also :)

9/22/2006 3:28 AM

Great list. Great Christian-centric goals. Good Luck.

My T13 number 12 - 13 Stress Relievers Edition is up. Stop by if you get a chance!

9/22/2006 5:18 AM

Ah, Photoshop, you'll love what you can do with it!! Happy Thursday!

9/22/2006 6:52 AM

I want to pray with others as well

9/22/2006 6:31 PM

Good luck with your mini goals especially 1 and 2! I have to deal with #2 when I go back home! LOL! Anyway, Photoshop is awesome!

Happy weekend!

9/22/2006 6:37 PM
Anonymous  

Great list! Good luck with all of these :)

9/24/2006 4:08 AM

Post a Comment