Thursday Thirteen #4  

Posted by Tiffany in

Things I did this week

1. I stayed sober and used the line 'Sorry, I don't drink' for the first time in my life! It felt good saying that.

2. I repierced my belly button by myself (read the post below for the gory details!).

3. I decided to go to Singapore to study, instead of going to Australia.

4. I was woken up by the delightful Abby with a long-distance phone call from Canada.

5. I burst into hysterical giggles during yoga class when everyone was meditating. There was someone in the class that squeaked and buzzed like a mosquito everytime she breathed in, and that cracked me up so hard, my body was shaking and I nearly had to walk out of the class because I was disturbing everyone.

6. I went out with my dad for dinner 3 times, which is the most I've ever gone out with my dad in a week.

7. I no longer have dreams about falling down and not being able to walk. A few weeks ago when I was stuck in the drinking cycle, I kept having dreams about falling down and not being able to get back up, and when I did finally get up, my legs wouldn't support me so I would fall down again. My mum interpreted my dream for me when I told her, and told me that once I was firmly determined to sober up and stay sober, the dreams would stop...and they have!

8. I found out from talking to my mum that I am still to be grounded during the evenings and nights for 2 months. *sigh* I guess 'grounded' wouldn't really be the right word, but it's more like if I do go out at night and come home drunk, she's sending me straight to rehab, which I absolutely do not want.

9. I filled in the application forms to study in Singapore! Wooooo!

10. I noticed more definition in my stomach muscles when I looked into the mirror at yoga class yesterday! Yay :-D

11. A guy from my yoga class asked me how old I was, and was totally shocked that I was 20, because he thought I was 15. How is that possible??? No wonder I always got carded when I went to bars...people always say I look 15 or 16...oh well, I'll be laughing when I'm 40.

12. I bought 2 pairs of trousers from Mango, and they kinda shrank in the wash, so they're a bit too tight for me, but I'll wear them anyways because they cost a lot.

13. I made new friends at church and might be going to a movie with them this Saturday!

Click here to see more Thursday Thirteens.

This entry was posted on Thursday, September 14, 2006 at Thursday, September 14, 2006 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

10 comments

Anonymous  

Sounds like you've had a BUSY week!!!!!

9/14/2006 4:21 PM

I seem to laugh at the most inappropriate times, too. The more I try to stop, the more I can't.

9/14/2006 5:13 PM
Anonymous  

oh #2 is scaryyy

:D

you must be a brave girl!

Happy TT!

9/14/2006 5:36 PM

Congrats on the sobriety!
Good list..
Number 2 is skeeeeery! You are so brave!
Happy Thursday
Mine is up

9/14/2006 7:38 PM

Sounds like you had a great, full week. Keep it up.

9/14/2006 10:29 PM
Anonymous  

I stayed sober and used the line 'Sorry, I don't drink' for the first time in my life! It felt good saying that.

Good for you! And congrats on the stomach muscles too.

Thanks for visiting me today :)

9/14/2006 10:44 PM

I always want to laugh at the most inappropriate times too. I always laugh during church.

Congrats to you on #1! That's wonderful!!

9/15/2006 1:42 AM

i love your site tibbbu howd u make the bannner and it looks all so happy n stufff woooo! teach me how to do that and make my site all pretty like yours.... :)

I MISS U but ur not online rite now wifey.

9/15/2006 11:43 AM

Sounds like a great week.
Good luck with your application.

9/15/2006 1:43 PM
Anonymous  

Good luck with all that you're going to do for your future. I'm just glad you're out of your alcohol addiction.

Just catching up on TT and as they say, it's better late than never!!

*hugs*

9/19/2006 11:40 PM

Post a Comment