I think I did something not that smart.  

Posted by Tiffany

I used to have my belly button pierced back in 2002 because my boyfriend back then was majorly into body piercings and tattoos. I had cute little pink belly rings, dolphins and butterflies, and I loved it. But in 2003, after breaking up with my boyfriend, I decided to remove it and let the hole close up and heal.

And so it did...for 3 years...until today.

It was raining outside and I was stuck at home, bored and feeling a tiny bit crazy. I started going through my stuff, and after going through the many books that I have, I moved onto my jewellery box, where I found all my old belly rings. "What a shame I can't use them anymore" I thought, while trying to put one back into my belly. It wouldn't go in though, because after 3 years, scar tissue had grown and the hole had closed up.

So I did what any spontaneous and smart (haha! NOT!) person would do. I kept pushing it and pushing it. Never mind the blood that was coming out or the pain, I was determined that all the money that I had spent on belly rings would not be wasted. So ten minutes later, with my face red from holding my breath (because of the pain) and my belly aching, I am now a proud owner of a hole in my belly.

Trust me, it looks better than it sounds.

I hope it doesn't get infected. If it does, I'll just take it out, but until then, yay! I have a pink gemstone adorning my belly button.

I definitely don't think I'll try and reopen my old tongue piercing.

This entry was posted on Wednesday, September 13, 2006 at Wednesday, September 13, 2006 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

2 comments

Oh wow. Sounds very painful. I really hope it doesn't get infected.

9/14/2006 11:14 AM
Anonymous  

Yeah...ouch!!! You are one brave woman. I nearly passed out twice when getting my nose pierced and that was professional....

9/16/2006 2:43 AM

Post a Comment