This little life  

Posted by Tiffany

It's another one of my late night rambles...it's 4:10am now and I've just been spending time with Him and His presence is here. Oh, how sweet is His presence and how I love to dwell in the center of His love. How blessed am I that He always has time for me and that whenever I draw near, He gives me 100% of His attention...He's never distracted, He's never too busy, He's never too tired...

One day all of this will pass away...the world will fade away and this little life of mine will be just a blimp on the eternity that I will spend with Him. This short life is all I have until I go to be with Him and stand before Him face to face. One life is all I get to show Him that I truly do love Him.

It's going to be so easy in heaven to choose Him and to love Him, because His glory and love will be the very air that we breathe. It will be easy to believe Him and to have faith, because He will be tangible, He will be the face that I see everyday and He will dwell with me.

This life is the only chance I get to show Him that even though I don't understand things all the time, I still choose Him. This life is all I have to show Him that though I have but a glimpse of Him, I still love Him. This life is all I have to love Him and believe that He is who He says He is...because once we enter into heaven, everything will be different and none of this will be even something we have to think about because there is only one choice in heaven: Jesus.

Oh Lord, help me to live this life wisely and to make every moment count for You. Whether I am out with friends or at home studying, help me to choose You in every decision, in every moment, in every thought...Make me live a life that is so full of You that when I am on my deathbed, I look back with no regrets because I know in my heart that to the best that I could, by Your grace, I lived everyday walking with You. Help me to be committed to You the way You are to me. And when I do fail, help me to repent and get back up and try again because Your grace is sufficient.

Let me be one who enters into heaven and declares, "Oh my Lord, when I could only see in part, everything that I did see of You captivated my heart so much that I gave up everything to have You and know You." Make me Your intimate companion and may I not even notice anything that I give up to have more of You because my focus is on how thrilling it is to know You and go deeper with You.

Jesus, I just long for You so much. Oh my Lord, just as You told me today that You have eyes only for me, give me eyes only for You. Give me undistracted devotion for only You, for You alone are worthy. More, Lord, more...

This entry was posted on Sunday, April 26, 2009 at Sunday, April 26, 2009 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

4 comments

Anonymous  

thank you again lilly girl - you make this mum in virginia (u.s.) smile - love your Sonshine

4/28/2009 11:34 PM

I enjoyed this post so much!

My name is Ana and I recently created a blog for christian everyday moms called EVERYDAY M.MOMS, I would appreciate if you could come and visit us sometime.

Here's our link http://everydaymmoms.blogspot.com/

We are looking for contributors, come see us please!

Blessings,

Ana~

4/30/2009 6:18 AM
linan [=  

[[= you write so well..

5/03/2009 12:16 AM
Anonymous  

Just randomly stumbled across your blog and wanted to say: beautiful!

May Jesus continue to guide you in your life. God bless and all the best :)

5/10/2009 9:33 AM

Post a Comment