Thursday Thirteen #9  

Posted by Tiffany in ,



It's amazing how much God has changed me from the person I was 6 months ago. He took me, a broken person with a multitude of problems, and redeemed and restored me to wholeness. So in celebration of this transformation, my Thursday Thirteen this week will be about the changes in me.

1. He has freed me from the power of alcohol. I no longer need or want alcohol anymore, and am learning to deal with life sober.

2. I quit smoking! After 6-7 years of smoking, I think I deserve a big clap! :D

3. God taught me to put aside my pride and humble myself and ask my cousin for forgiveness and so ended our 2 year argument.

4. One big thing is that people are actually reaching out to me when they're hurting so that I can minister to them...it's so awesome how just a while ago I was such a mess, and now God is actually using me to be His hands to reach out to people.

5. I am so much healthier and stronger than I was before.

6. I'm able to pray with other people and in public now.

7. Oh, and I also have made it a habit of saying grace before eating...it took me a few weeks to be able to remember!

8. I'm no longer involved in immoral relationships.

9. The depression that I've struggled with for years is going, and most of the time, the joy and peace that comes from God reigns in my heart.

10. I actually find my Christian friends fun! Haha, a year ago if you'd told me that I would actually enjoy hanging with my church friends, I would've laughed in your face.

11. I smile and laugh more...and when I do, it's not a cynical or sarcastic laugh but a real genuine one now.

12. God has filled me with so much love for Him that I can honestly say that He is my first love and above all things.

13. God has brought healing to my relationship with my family and things have improved so much.

Isn't God awesome???

This entry was posted on Friday, November 03, 2006 at Friday, November 03, 2006 and is filed under , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

20 comments

I think it's wonderful that you have found the strength you needed through God.
Happy TT!

11/03/2006 1:59 AM

Congratulations! That is an awesome list! It's amazing what the power of Christ can do!

11/03/2006 2:06 AM

I know you are thankful to HIm an proud of yourself..COngrats

Mines up! Dont forget to vote on a name at
www.thechristopherfamily.blogspot.com

11/03/2006 2:13 AM

Congratulations!! You have accomplished so much and you should be proud of yourself. It sounds like God truly touched your soul. Thanks for sharing:D

11/03/2006 2:28 AM

A great list! I'm so glad that your life has changed for the better! Thank you for sharing!

11/03/2006 3:13 AM

You rock! What a great list. Congratulations on all of it.

My TT is up.

11/03/2006 4:03 AM

This truely is a wonderful list! Very inspirational actually! My hubby and I have been talking about getting more involved with our church.. since I have had our baby I've been kind of bummed being stuck in the house so I think it would be a great way to be honestly nice people! Great list!!

11/03/2006 4:38 AM

God is indeed great - every day!
What a nice shiny new life you have - enjoy it.
Thanks for sharing your uplifting 13.
Hugs,
Frances

11/03/2006 5:39 AM

God is totally and completely AWESOME. :D

11/03/2006 6:13 AM

GREAT list! God is amazing!

Happy TT! My list is up!

11/03/2006 6:21 AM

cooool1!!! so happy

i reaaally wanna talk to you1!! haven't in a while...go on msn or somethinggg!!! or call mee...or i'll call you later

i miss you!!!

11/03/2006 9:40 AM
Anonymous  

Amen! God is awesome! You are living proof!

11/03/2006 12:05 PM

Congrats on your sobriety and not smoking. Good for you.

11/04/2006 10:51 PM
Anonymous  

What a fantastic list! How wonderful that you have been able to turn this situation around and find so many good things from it!

11/05/2006 6:37 AM

How EXCITING for you!! God's salvation is so great!! Praise His Name for His saving you!!!

Go God!!

His,
Mrs. U

11/06/2006 12:22 PM

good list...you've overcome a lot already, and i'm sure you'll do more in the days to come.

we're both blogging chicks, so have a good one!

11/09/2006 1:40 AM

AREEE YOUU BACKKKK FROM UR TRIPPP YET?!?!?!?!?!?!

its been hecka long since ive last talked to you WOMAN.

i want you back here..NOW!

hehehehehehe...... 0:)

11/14/2006 2:59 AM

i miss ya...! ALREADY!!!!!
hehehe...and its only been 24 hours since i last talked to you.

11/16/2006 11:37 AM

What an amazing woman! And you're only 20? I did my first TT post today and found your blog! Thanks for all of the inspiration! If you get a chance, please visit my new blog, PracticingContentment, and let me know how I'm doing!
Nice to find you,
Karianne

11/17/2006 11:26 AM

What a wonderful post! God Bless!

11/24/2006 2:01 AM

Post a Comment