Bible college?  

Posted by Tiffany in

So I've been thinking a lot lately about my future study plans. God has revealed to me that He doesn't want me to go to Australia to study...at least for now anyways. He has shown me that He wants me in Singapore, so to Singapore I shall go.

However, last night I was thinking a lot about going to Bible college. See, in 2004 before I even went to uni, I had this strong desire to go to a Christian uni, but I got talked out of it. The desire is still here though. I just don't know whether the desire is purely mine, or mine because God put it there.

I really want to go to Bible college, but the more I think about it, the more I think, 'Well, it's not really me...plus, I don't know how to ask my parents and also will I be able to deal with all the rules and regulations?'. But then I talked to my friend Christ last night about it, and he was saying that he thinks it is me and could be me if I let God guide me. Maybe it is me. I don't know. All I know is that after everything God has given me, a second chance at life, what I really want to do is to give my life back to Him. Bible college would give me the grounding and discipline I need, along with the option of going into worship ministry or Christian counselling, which to me sounds like heaven.

I guess I'm searching...I want my life to impact people and help people. I want to make a difference. And most of all, I hope that when I'm 40, I will still want to make a difference, and not be so jaded by the world that I don't even bother anymore. Maybe I can't make huge differences in people lives or change the world, but every little bit helps.

This entry was posted on Wednesday, October 25, 2006 at Wednesday, October 25, 2006 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

6 comments

this mite sound silly but......GO FOR IT!!!!! what is stopping you? the only thing stopping you is the unknown. but why are you fearing the unknown when god has your future in his hands? I think u mite regret it if you dont go. Even if you go to a bible college its still "christian"- there can be nothing wrong with that.

God is slowly revealing his calling to you. The way i found out my calling in life was kinda similar to you. i kept hearing the word 'hollywood' in my mind. i thought i was retarded. and then my heart started beating sooo strongly for it..and i asked a pastor to pray 4 me then he confirmed it. so yeah, u never know. when we fall deeper into god, our desires become his!!!!! awesome, innit?

Btw, I like your line where you wrote... "But then I talked to my friend Christ last night about it..." hahahaha. Christ? LOL, god is closer then you think he is to you!!! hehehe JOKING. newais loved it last nite . this is a long comment- PEACEEEEEEEE!!! P.S. do you know how to use final cut pro?

10/26/2006 3:13 AM
Anonymous  

you can also make a difference when you go to a normal uni. i dont think you fit into a bible college and if you go to a uni in singapore you gonna have heaps of fun plus your family is gonna be around you so no worries! i believe that fits you alot better. but thats just my opinion...

10/26/2006 5:46 AM

oh btw, heard this on the bus today. mite help u feel a lil bit better.

"We do not know what our future holds, but we DO know that god holds our future in his hands."

i think that's a good way to think about it.

;)

10/26/2006 7:19 AM

You my dear are going to be making a difference when you're a 100.
Thanks for sharing,
Frances

10/27/2006 1:03 AM
Anonymous  

I think Bible college sounds like a great idea! (Plus, you know how you said you miss having a boyfriend? Bible college would be a great place to find one...*wink*)

10/27/2006 1:38 PM
Anonymous  

I you have a strong desire there and the opportunity to go to one is there and readily available, why not?

Perhaps its your calling? You will never know until you go for it. If you don't, someday down the road, you would probably wish you should.

Perhaps you should seek a pastor for advice and a prayer.

10/29/2006 10:30 PM

Post a Comment