Thursday Thirteen #2  

Posted by Tiffany in



Things that happened this week

1. I stayed sober!!! It's now 6 days, 14 hours and 27 minutes. Praise God!

2. I said goodbye to my best chick friend in Hong Kong. Abby went back to Canada for uni on Monday.

3. I met up with a high school friend that I haven't seen in 2 years! It was great sitting on the roof of this skyscraper looking out onto the harbour and reminiscing over our high school days.

4. I decided to quit smoking (again). I found out how nasty it really is when I smoked right before a hot yoga class (which by the way is a 40C class, not sure what that is in Fahrenheit) and nearly threw up.

5. I found a mobile phone while riding on the ferry, and managed to scroll through the call list and call 'Dad' and so managed to return the phone to its owner (a 13 year old boy lol).

6. I applied to college and found out that the college that I have my heart set on requires me to have a portfolio consisting of 10 pieces of artwork. Unfortunately, I only have till December to get this done.

7. I read the book 'A Divine Revelation of Hell' by Mary K. Baxter and it really changed the way I thought about things. Even though I'm still debating the truth of this book, it really challenged me and inspired me to change the way I've been living and to truly start living for God.

8. I found out I have friends. It's sad I know, but I always thought that the friends I had didn't really care about me, but God has truly shown me this week through phonecalls and emails from my friends that I am loved and cherished.

9. My mum and I finished watching Season 7 of Charmed on DVD.

10. I totally forgot that I was supposed to help out at church for the Friday service and didn't go. I still feel so guilty about that.

11. I bought a rose for my mum and she was pleased!

12. I found out that my ex (who is German) is going to be doing an internship in North Carolina. In a way, I'm relieved that he didn't receive one in Asia, because then I would absolutely have to see him.

13. I read Genesis and for the first time, (even though I've read Genesis many times before) God's Word just truly came alive for me, and I was so touched by God's love and beauty.


Other Thursday Thirteen-ers

This entry was posted on Thursday, August 31, 2006 at Thursday, August 31, 2006 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

4 comments

What a great list! Congrats on your soberness and your decision to stop the smoking! You can do it!

My TT is up!

8/31/2006 2:54 PM

WTG on the clean time! One day at a time, you know...Might be too much to give up smoking at the same time, though. Keep up the great work!

My TT is up -- Happy Thursday!

8/31/2006 5:28 PM

Nice list!!

Happy Thursday!

8/31/2006 5:32 PM

Great TT!

9/05/2006 3:23 AM

Post a Comment